So often we look at the things that make us not want to live. We don’t look at the little things in life that are so simple and yet make us smile. Here is a list of 25 little things, that for me, make life worth living –
(oh, and I really had to think about this, it was no easy task. Although the more I did it, I kept thinking of sillier and sillier things that did make me happy. Thinking of positives is so much harder than picking out the negatives!)
1. The smell of a wood burning fireplace on a cold winter day
2. A hot shower when you are freezing cold from the bitter wind blowing in your face
3. Customer Service making everything better without an argument!
4. Being able to sleep in, and actually sleeping in – no kids to wake you up, no sun in your eyes, no alarm going off, and no surprises.
5. Dogs (or any animal) that comes to cuddle with you when you are sad
6. The beautiful color of the tree leaves when fall comes and all you see are red, orange, and yellow
7. Digital photos – you can see if the picture is good and you can delete it and make sure no one sees it if it isn’t!
8. Indoor swimming pools
9. Kindle (or Nook) – I have all my books in one place! No more having to lug them around.
10. Of course, I still love the smell of a good old fashioned paper book!
11. The sunset, knowing that tomorrow starts a new day
12. Being in crowded store and a cashier secretly telling you that they are opening their register! Score!!
13. Clean public restrooms
14. A stranger’s smile 🙂
15. Finding money in a pocket of a jacket I hadn’t worn since last winter $
16. Making a to-do list of things I have already done, and checking it all off. Accomplished!
17. Walking barefoot in the grass
18. Popping bubble wrap
19. Breakfast for dinner.
20. Getting mail, like a letter, not an email.
21. Talking into a fan and making a robot voice (its fun even when you are an adult)
22. Eating peanut butter with a spoon
23. Free shipping
24. Memories that can make you laugh years later
25. Enjoying something so much you lose track of time.