I was really grateful to receive the reward, but I really wasn’t sure if I wanted to participate, which is why it has taken me so long to actually post about it. I had just started my blog about that time and I was of course unsure about going about doing awards and a little shy.
* As a recipient of this award, there are a few things that are asked of me:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award. — So, thank you very much!!! I really am grateful, and I am sorry that it took me so long. I think I even told you that I wasn’t going to participate, but it really was because I was unsure about how to go about doing it. I was shy about starting by blog. But I really appreciate the nomination and I am not ready to accept it fully!!! Thank you!!!
- Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog. (I still am not completely sure about this, but I will put it on this post for now… and I am going to create a separate page to put it on as well – does that count?)
- List 11 facts about yourself. — below!
- List your nominees. — you are listed!
1. I broke my pinky finger when I was 8, and now it is completely deformed – it looks like a worm actually, it goes up and down, not in a straight line. Kind of fun to freak people out with! And it is shorter than my other pinky finger.
2. I have traveled quite a bit in the US and I love visiting national parks! I wish I could travel more internationally though. So far I have been to Canada (doesn’t count since I live in the US though) and Malaysia, the Cayman Islands and Cozumel. My dream place to go would be South Africa though!
3. My favorite number is 8. If you ever ask me to pick a number between anything (1-100, 1- 10000, etc)… it will be 8.
4. I love kids, but I will never have a baby. Adoption, I am ok with adoption. In fact, I would love to adopt a kid. I would adopt an older kid though – they never seem to get adopted – or rarely anyway. Everyone wants babies though. Something about a baby coming out of me personally though — yeah, I just don’t want that.
5. I have hated life most of my life – even as a young kid, but I am started to learn to live again. I still don’t like it completely, but I am at least not miserable all the time. That is a good feeling.
6. I have two Bachelors Degrees – neither of which I use. Going to college took $80,000 of my money, and I want it back!
7. I had a surgery that paralyzed my right shoulder and arm. It was paralyzed for about 1.5 years or so. I began getting movement back at 10 months, but didn’t get most of it back til 1.5 years. I was in occupational therapy for 2 years. I still only have 80% of my range of motion back and have chronic nerve pain.
8. Giraffes are my FAVORITE animal. (we are at my favorite number!)
9. Oooh, number 9! At age 9, we moved into the coolest house I ever lived in!
10. I missed 97 days of school in the 8th grade because I was so stressed out about being molested by a teacher in the 7th grade. Everyone thought I was just really sick and was passing out because I was developing lupus or something, so I kept having to go to the doctors.
11. I can juggle! It is a pretty good stress relief!
I chose all of you because you are all very honest about your thoughts and feelings. I see your struggles and hopes and how open you are about life. Whether you write poetry or just journal, I am opened up to the thoughts in your minds and it makes me feel and relate to everything going on – it makes me not feel alone.
And as I said, originally I was not going to post about this award, so I understand if you do not wish to partake in it – however, just know that I love your blogs!
And if anyone else is reading, check these blogs out!