I have been challenged by Izzy to create a “Pros and Cons” list of my dad. Pros” are the things that I am happy for, grateful for, or things that just made me smile. “Cons” are those things that you just want to forget about because they do nothing to help with your anxiety or mood that day.
Sooo Here we go:
- Cleaned up my apartment
- Student Loan Bills in the mail – which I shouldn’t have
- Psychiatrist Bill in the mail – which I shouldn’t have
- Kind of just feeling under the weather
- Was all alone, no one to talk to today
- One panic attack
- Trying to figure out how to pay for Grad school…blah!
- Alive – Living another day, but I missed the sunrise — maybe tomorrow?
- Woke up early (Thanks to a good sleep with Ambien!)
- Had some time to read today
- Listened to the rain and thunder, like every other day in Tampa – actually can’t figure out if this is a pro or con, but today it will be a pro
- Restricted myself from eating absolutely everything today (no I don’t have an eating disorder, but I can eat emotionally when I get bored or sad or manic or whatever the case may me).
- I didn’t go out and spend any money, or even look online on Amazon to spend money – even though they have smile.amazon.com which donates money to my charity (which is actually where I get my cousneling)…. whew.. I spend way too much money on that site with my bipolar. Money I do not have. Everyday I beat that is a day to celebrate.
- I watched my DVR of the Last Comic Standing season finale – sooo funny!! Made me laugh
- Looking forward to starting Grad School in like 2 weeks, but refer to Con number 7.
Ok this is definitely hard! Over time I will get better at.
Anyone else want to take this challenge?
Just take your days, list your pros and cons for the day – that is it! It helps you see what your day was like, the good and the bad. Slowly helps you realize that not everything went bad, you do have good things in your life… even simple things. Izzy has done a better job at conveying that in her blog over the past two days than I did in this though!